Hi and welcome to Nibbling at Dawn! I am oh so pleased that you are joining me as I launch my food blog to bring you all exciting, delicious and fun recipes.
This first recipe post is for one of my ‘busy-working-girl’ favourites, delicious breakfast egg muffins. These muffins take a bit of preparation but are seriously worth it in the end. They are filled with great nutrients such as calcium, protein and vitamin A; and on a weekday morning when you are in a rush they are quite convenient to have on hand for breakfast.
These muffins can be stored in the refrigerator; I recommend eating them within 10 days. I typically place two muffins in the oven in the morning for 5 minutes which warms them to perfection. They are an easy to eat meal while preparing for work in the mornings. They can also be warmed in the microwave and are perfect on their own or with toast or crumpets topped with your favourite jam.
Enjoy the Nibbling!
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup rough chopped spinach
- 5 eggs
- 6 oz. milk
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos (optional)
- Black Pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 125°C (257°F).
- Chop all vegetables and rest aside. Lightly whisk together the eggs and milk together and add salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Evenly distribute the chopped vegetables among the segments of the muffin tin. Add the egg and milk mixture and give each segment a gentle stir to integrate all ingredients and to allow the egg mixture to reach the bottom of the tin. Finish with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
- Place the muffin tin in the middle of the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out clean.