So if you are a true foodie then you enjoy sharing the amazing things you create with your friends and families. There is nothing better than being around your loved ones, all the fun and games, the atmosphere and most importantly…the food!
I currently live away from home so whenever I do visit I am sure to enjoy every second of it. I mean we all have that one uncle who is always telling jokes and making you laugh, the aunt who can throw down in the kitchen and that cousin who make a mean cocktail – and that’s just the short list of characters in my family!
I’m the type of person who prefers a dinner party over the club scene, and I guess that’s one reason why I really do love being in the kitchen and entertaining. These salmon canapes are very easy and quick to put together and can complement any main course you are serving.
You can use any type of cracker you choose, my preference is a garlic flavoured it just adds something more to these canapes. And if you like a little…umph…that horseradish sauce is going to give you all that and more.
So if you are looking for a simple starter for a dinner function, or if you are a little like me and just want a fancy snack on a Sunday afternoon – this is it. And it can easily be scaled up for a bigger dinner party!
Enjoy the Nibbling!
- 150g smoked salmon
- 16 crackers
- ¼ cup thinly chopped spinach
- 5 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine the horseradish and heavy cream.
- Layer the crackers with the sauce mixture followed by the sliced spinach, smoked salmon and top with chopped tomatoes.
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper.